ADSM-L

Re: Info about command 'clean archdir'

2003-09-01 08:02:58
Subject: Re: Info about command 'clean archdir'
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 14:02:35 +0200
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:08:44 +0300
Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET> wrote:

> What is the OS of the client? At customer site I've seen a symbolic link
> in AIX WebSM directory pointing to one of the parent directories. That
> circular link combined with ARCHSYMLinkasfile=Yes produced overflow of TSM
> database.
>
> Zlatko Krastev
> IT Consultant

archiving /usr is a waste of back-up resources anyway IMNSHO....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams