ADSM-L

Re: Restarts of TSM services

2003-09-01 07:41:08
Subject: Re: Restarts of TSM services
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 13:44:42 +0300
--> With your v5 clients you could try using the new client acceptor service ...

Maybe I am sticking to the word but both web client (with its
corresponding dsmcad binary) and managedservices option (with its
"schedule" value) were available before v5. I can find them in v4.2, v4.1
but no enough spare time to dig down since which version they were
introduced.

Maybe the memory leaks can contribute to restarts of the TSM Client
Scheduler sometimes. However we have Windows clients where the scheduler
is not restarting too often.
Have you verified isn't the restart of the service intentional?! When
schedules are managed by client acceptor you have two services - Client
Acceptor and Client Scheduler. The former is always running and
starts/stops the latter on each scheduled event. From there fake "stops"
can come (of course they can be due to other reasons).

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Stackwick <Stephen.Stackwick AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
31.07.2003 22:57
Please respond to Stephen.Stackwick