ADSM-L

Re: Support for OCFS

2003-09-01 07:40:12
Subject: Re: Support for OCFS
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 13:18:53 +0300
Virtualmountpoint is a reliable solution though you are not convinced. If
we look back when Linux client was not supporting ext3, that was the
resolution and it worked fine.
When TSM client does not support particular filesystem type (and I doubt
it will support soon OCFS, if at all), it is backing the parent FS down to
the mountpoint and stops at the border of unknown. Using virtualmountpoint
you are demanding those files to be backed up and the client will do its
best - some FStype specific features will not be backed up but the file
contents will be.

Maybe here I should say "open enhancement request with your IBM rep" :-)))
Do you know who is *your* rep?!

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Eric Winters <ewinters AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
04.08.2003 07:46