ADSM-L

Re: Exist Server-Free for TDP SAP

2003-08-31 17:08:24
Subject: Re: Exist Server-Free for TDP SAP
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:51:57 +0300
TSM server-free can be used only when both TSM server and TSM client are
on Windows. It is also limited to complete partitions (filesystem image).
The only way to use TSM server-free backup with SAP R/3 is to do offline
backups.

ITSM for ERP (former TDP for R/3) *cannot* work with server-free
regardless of the platform. Also you can obtain much better results with
LAN-free!!
Server-free seems to be a deadend in the SAN evolution. Third-party data
mover functionality is not widely supported by SAN devices vendors.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Juan Jose Reale <juan.reale AT AES DOT COM>
19.08.2003 23:05