ADSM-L

Re: Findings with Migration and bad Reclamation behavior

2003-08-31 17:07:54
Subject: Re: Findings with Migration and bad Reclamation behavior
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:40:36 +0300
The "one file over N tapes" problem can be avoided only if such files are
separated in own storage pool through different copygroup destination.
Afterwards you have two options:
- run reclamation weekly or monthly
- not reclaim at all - on version expiration all tapes except the first
and the last will go to scratch. First and last tape will contain
aggregates from no more than two files. When second file's version expire
the tape will also go to scratch.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ADAC DOT DE>
26.08.2003 17:35