ADSM-L

Re: Directory Path Not Found

2003-08-30 07:35:00
Subject: Re: Directory Path Not Found
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 07:34:20 -0400
>Just over two weeks ago one of our netware servers (5.1 sp5) stopped
>backed up.  I have rebooted the server.  Upgraded to TSM 5.1.6, upgrated
>the netware tsa files to version 12 and brought them to all levels down
>to 9 and still get the same errors as shown below.
>
>Any ideas?
>

>08/29/2003 16:41:11 ANS1076E *** Directory path not found ***

Stormy - You can always look for the causes of odd messages in
         http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts
which has info on this one, wherein it has in the past resolved to
a Rights issue.

The key to investigating such things on site is for the Netware admins
to religiously maintain an online log of system changes: when something
stops working, you know when it stopped working, and can look to see
what was changed then.  The log from the backup may also provide context
for what area of the file system was being worked when the TSM error
occurred, where inspection of attributes and timestamps may uncover the
issue.  Another approach is to have a non-TSM utility traverse that area
in a manner similar to the TSM client action, running under the same
privileges, to call out anomalies it encounters.

  Richard Sims, BU