ADSM-L

Re: Using a 4560 SLX library with TSM 5.2

2003-08-28 15:42:35
Subject: Re: Using a 4560 SLX library with TSM 5.2
From: Hunny Kershaw <hunnychka AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:41:32 -0700
Nicolas,

I just realized you have HP LTO drives not SDLT. However, they both have
the same problem with the labeling wizard.

Hunny..

----- Forwarded by Hunny Kershaw/San Jose/IBM on 08/28/2003 12:34 PM -----

                      Hunny Kershaw
                                               To:      "ADSM: Dist Stor
Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
                      08/28/2003 12:29         cc:      n.launay AT B-A-W DOT
COM
                      PM                       From:    Hunny Kershaw/San
Jose/IBM@IBMUS
                                               Subject: Re: Using a 4560 SLX
library with TSM 5.2(Document link: Hunny Kershaw)

Unfortunately, the label wizard currently doesn't work with SDLT drives.
This should be fixed in the next PTF 5.1.8 and 5.2.1.

You can use the LABEL LIBVOL command instead to label volumes with or
without barcodes. Try

LABEl LIBVol <lib_name> <drive_name> SEARCH=Yes LABELSource=Barcode
CHECKIN=SCRatch

Hunny..

                      Nicolas Launay
                      <[email protected]        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      OM>                      cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: Using a 4560 SLX
library with TSM 5.2
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      08/27/2003 01:48
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

----- Réacheminé par Nicolas LAUNAY/B-A-W le 27/08/2003 10:48 -----
|         |           Nicolas LAUNAY   |
|         |           27/08/2003 10:39 |

  |       Pour :    LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
|
  |       cc :
|
  |       Objet :   Re: Using a 4560 SLX library with TSM 5.2

I cannot use the wizard to label the volumes, isn't it?
How could I do that, with command line? If yes, may someone give me a
typical script?

And is it necessary to label volumes whereas there is a barcode reader?

One other thing:
How pools should be organized? Is there a typical hierarchy for this or is
it totally free style?

Thank you.