ADSM-L

Re: Which message is causing which RC

2003-08-25 12:30:51
Subject: Re: Which message is causing which RC
From: Radoslav Bendik <bendik AT NS.HTC DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:29:53 +0200
Hi,

I have same problem and question as mentioned bellow.

This is written in client manual about return codes:
RC=4    The operation completed successfully, but some files were not
        processed. There were no other errors or warnings. This return code is
        very common. Files are not processed for various reasons. The most
        common reasons are:

    * The file is in an exclude list.
    * The file was in use by another application and could not be accessed
      by the client.
    * The file changed during the operation to an extent prohibited by the
      copy serialization attribute. See "Copy serialization".

The obvious message causing RC=4 is ANS4987E (file in use) and ANS1115W
(file excluded).

Let's have a file skipped during backup because of permissions (message
ANR1448E). Based on the explanation in client manual, also this message
should cause RC=4, but is causing RC=12 (general error).

I want to know, which messages (exactly) are causing RC=4. Is it
configurable or can it be changed in next releases?

--
rado b
        Why Did You Reboot That Machine?