ADSM-L

Re: Windows scheduler service in "Starting" state

2003-08-22 12:11:09
Subject: Re: Windows scheduler service in "Starting" state
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:16:24 -0500
I have seen this on my laptop when going from site to site (different TSM
servers) and forgetting to update my options file.  If I can't connect to
the TSM server because I have the wrong tcpaddress still left in my options
file, sometimes I see the scheduler sitting in a starting state.

Make sure you can start a session to your server, then try restarting the
client acceptor service, I think that fixes it for me if I remember right.

______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.compures.com

             Bill Boyer
             <bill.boyer@VERIZ
             ON.NET>                                                    To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Windows scheduler service in
                                       "Starting" state

             08/22/2003 09:11
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Windows 2000
TSM Client 5.1.6.2 running managedservices webclient schedule
TSM Server 5.1.7.1 on AIX 4.3

I have a client running in MANAGEDSERVICES mode with the scheduler. The CAD
service is started and automatic, The associated scheduler service has been
running fine, then started missing the schedules. Looking the scheduler
service is "Starting"..not started or stopped, but Starting. You can't stop
it or reset it... I've never seen a service stay around in a Starting state
before. Anyone else? My queries on adsm.org didn't come up with anything
close.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield." - ??