ADSM-L

Re: Bytes Sent much more than Bytes Recvd

2003-08-22 10:22:43
Subject: Re: Bytes Sent much more than Bytes Recvd
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:15:29 -0400
>I searched the archives but couldn't find the answer I'm looking for,
>neither in the manuals.
>
>AIX 5.1, TSM-server 4.2.2.8
>W2K, TSM-client 5.1.5.0
>
>During an incremental back-up the following stats where displayed after
>giving a 'q sess'
>What is send to the server that the column 'Bytes Sent' displays 220.0 MB
>(MegaByte)?
>
>I know I read it before, but I can't remember.

It's in the Admin Ref manual, under Query SEsssions.  It's a number relative
to the observation point (the server), meaning amount of data sent to the
client.  A substantial number would represent information about a large
number of Active files, for the client to massage and use as a reference in
going through the file system(s) seeking files to back up to the server.
Windows file attributes are "richer" than those of more basic file systems
such as Unix.

  Richard Sims, BU