ADSM-L

Re: Cleaning up "lost" tapes....

2003-08-20 14:20:48
Subject: Re: Cleaning up "lost" tapes....
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:20:21 -0400
Sorry, I forgot you were z/OS; you could probably accomplish the same thing
by trying to define a volume to the storage pool, but that's a lot of work.

The query should still work; it EXCLUDES the STGNEW/STGDEL/STGREUSE entries;
you don't CARE about those.
You don't need to check how many times it got created then deleted.
If it isn't in the stgpool NOW, there's no stgpool data on it.

The query against volhistory will tell you if there is still a DB BACKUP, or
BACKUPSET, EXPORT, or other non-stgpool tape still active in volhistory.

If a volume doesn't show up in either place, there's no good data on it.