ADSM-L

Re: Restoring SQL Database

2003-08-20 10:51:39
Subject: Re: Restoring SQL Database
From: Rajesh Oak <rajeshoak AT LYCOS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:51:08 -0400
That's normal. If you read thru' the Redbook for TDP for SQL it basically walks
you thru' the restore process.
First start the SQL server in single user mode.
sqlserver.exe -m
After you restore the master dtabase (which gives an error) Start the SQL
Server in the normal mode as a service.
Then restore msdb (relocate if needed)
then the model (relocate if needed).
After the system databases are in place you can then start the restore of your
databases.

Rajesh Oak
Enterprise Storage Administrator
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.