ADSM-L

Re: Restoring SQL Database

2003-08-20 10:43:04
Subject: Re: Restoring SQL Database
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:42:32 -0400
Mehdi,

When you restore the master database, after the restore
is completed, the SQL server is shutdown and you will
get the error message. That is documented in the User's Guide.
Please read the Appendix carefully about restoring the master database.
(It is under "Advanced Restore Procedures".)
You may want to get to a supported level of Dp for SQL, which is 5.1.5.
..or at least look at the 5.1.5 User's Guide online which has
more detailed information for Advanced Restore Procedures.

If you follow the instructions in the manual,
and things still don't seem to be working,
please call IBM support.

Again... you will get an "error" on the screen after you
restore the master database. That is expected.

Thanks,

Del

> I've done this...but when I go and select the databases to restore
> (inclusing the Master) here is what happens:
>
> Master  Restore Failed [microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
Server]the