ADSM-L

Someone on this list has a Virus

2003-08-19 09:24:16
Subject: Someone on this list has a Virus
From: Tom Melton <Tom_Melton AT EMORYHEALTHCARE DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:23:54 -0400
I hate to spam the list, but someone on this list has a virus that is sending
boatloads of emails under various names from this list.  I was trying to
determine which list it was from, then saw one from Wanda Prather, and knew
then it was this one.

Please check your outboxes/sent items folder and see if you have many emails
that you did not actually send, and then get the virus cleaned off your machine.

I cannot recall the name of this variant, but it sends emails to those in your
Outlook/Outlook Express Address Book, and masks the original sender with
another name from the Address Book.