ADSM-L

any examples of effect of win2k image backup on restore times

2003-08-18 19:15:37
Subject: any examples of effect of win2k image backup on restore times
From: i love tsm <ilovetsm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:15:00 +0100
Hi

We are currently in the middle of restoring some file and print (win2000)
nodes. This is going very slowly mainly because of tape contention.  Action
1) set up some collocated storage pools etc etc.
so if this happens again we should get less MediaWait than we are getting
now

I've also been reading the manual on image backups. The idea of a monthly
image backup with the delete inactive files option on restore on the image +
incremental sounds very appealing. Before I spend loads of time testing and
playing with image backups can anyone give me examples of their restore
times before and after using image backups??

Many Thanks