ADSM-L

Antwort: TSM Operational Monitor

2003-08-18 10:57:57
Subject: Antwort: TSM Operational Monitor
From: Karsten Huettmann <karsten.huettmann AT CARUS DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:58:04 +0200
Yes!
This happens to me too!
I sent a mail to emcollins AT us.ibm DOT com and received an immediate answer:

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for the feedback.

A handfull of people are seeing this bug but so far I have not been able
reproduce it.  I have not seen the -1 return code yet but the few other
folks who see this are all getting the -4 return code and only when the
report or monitor runs as a service although it works interactively as
you've described.

The only work around at this point is to deselect the checkbox for the
custom summary section of your report and/or monitor.   I'm working on
resolving the problem and will let you know when it's resolved.

It would help if you could send me the

TraceReportSvc.txt
LogReportSvc.txt

files from the c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\console_reporting  (or wherever
it's installed).   Information in your trace and log files may provide a
clue especially for the -1 return code.

Thanks!

Mike Collins
Tivoli Storage Product Architecture
-----
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / with regards
Karsten Hüttmann
Karsten Hüttmann
c.a.r.u.s. Information Technology AG
Total Storage Solution Center
Bornbarch 9, 22848 Norderstedt, Germany

E-Mail: karsten.huettmann AT carus-it DOT com
Firma: +49.40.51435.3231
Mobil: +49.171.7634388
Fax: +49.40.51435.1111
http://www.storage.ibm.com/tssc/germany/carus.html

"Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Gesendet von: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
18.08.2003 16:47
Bitte antworten an "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"