ADSM-L

Multiple paths to library changer on 3584 LTO

2003-08-15 07:39:42
Subject: Multiple paths to library changer on 3584 LTO
From: "Anthonijsz, Marcel M SITI-ITDGE13" <Marcel.Anthonijsz AT SHELL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:56:10 +0200
Hi,

When I issue a "show libr" I can see an autochanger list. Does that mean I can
configure multiple paths to my library?
How do I do that? I have enabled an additional control path on my library so
under AIX I have /dev/smc0 and /dev/smc1.
I can access both of them, but how do I tell TSM to use both?
When I try to define an additional I get this response:

ANR1723E A path is already defined using TSM01 and LIB_3584_1

In that case I would not have to bother with control paths anymore... Once an
IBM CE replaced drive F1R01
- and we all forgot that the control path was running over F1R01 so the library
was unavailable at that time....

=== Library LIB_3584_1 (type SCSI):
===  reference count = 31, online = 1, borrowed drives = 0, update count = 0
===   basicCfgBuilt = 1, libInfoBuild = 1, definingPathToLibrary = 0
===   addLibPath = 0, driveListBusy = 0
===  libvol_lock_id=0, libvolLock_count=0, SeqnBase=0
===  Library is shared.
===  library extension at 3A7D5408
==>  autochanger list:
===    dev=/dev/smc1, busy=0, online=1

Marcel Anthonijsz
Central Data Storage Manager (a.k.a. storman)
Shell Information Technology International B.V.
PO Box 1027, 2260 BA  Leidschendam, The Netherlands

Tel: +31-70 303 4984
Mob: +31-6 24 23 6522
Email: Marcel.Anthonijsz.at.shell.com