ADSM-L

Re: slow restores on recently on AIX machines with recent OS upgrade

2003-08-14 15:51:38
Subject: Re: slow restores on recently on AIX machines with recent OS upgrade
From: Michael Lambert <mlambe7 AT LSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:50:42 -0500
>Michael,
>
>What I understand that your data transfer rate over network went down to
>200k after AIX OS upgrade. What is the level of ML you have upgraded ? What
>was the previous level?
>
>Thanks
>Balanand Pinni

To clarify my previous message, the speed of restores and recalls from
tape are at 200k every 20 secs or so. Backups run at their normal speed.

The AIX 5.1 machines are running at ML 4. According to the AIX admins
here, they were previously at "either 8, 9 or 10."

>Are you using the Sp Switch? I had a problem the SP Switch after the
>AIX 5 upgrade.
>Miles

Although the software is configured, it is not being used.

--
Michael Lambert <mlambe7 AT lsu DOT edu>