ADSM-L

Re: 3584 Library issues

2003-08-13 13:48:29
Subject: Re: 3584 Library issues
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:48:12 -0400
I've actually found on some platforms that only bouncing TSm doesn't resolve
this. I end up having to reboot to server machine, too. Seems that the OS
doesn't scan the SCSI bus and when TSm queries for devices you are getting
the 'cached' information from the last bus scan. When I added capacity to a
3583 library, I had to reboot the server to get it recognized. Now when I
make changes like that, drive additions/changes, firmware upgrades,... I
reboot.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.