ADSM-L

Re: Funny query business

2003-08-13 12:21:23
Subject: Re: Funny query business
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:20:33 -0600
This sounds like APAR IC34776. You can view this APAR at
http://www.ibm.com. Just enter the APAR number in the search box at the
top of the web page. It is fixed in 5.1.7.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Mark Ferraretto <mark.ferraretto AT DB DOT COM>
08/12/2003 21:21

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Funny query business

All,

Seems that the order you specify tables in an SQL query is important.  I'm
running TSM 5.1.6.1 on AIX 5.1.  I wanted to query volhistory and
backupset tables:

tsm: SM040>select VOLUME_NAME, location, backupset_name from BACKUPSETS,
VOLHISTORY where BACKUPSETS.DATE_TIME = VOLHISTORY.DATE_TIME

VOLUME_NAME            LOCATION               BACKUPSET_NAME
------------------     ------------------     ------------------
A00249                                        HKGIICOREP1.20030-
                                               805.77813798

tsm: SM040>select VOLUME_NAME, location, backupset_name from volhistory,
backupsets where BACKUPSETS.DATE_TIME = VOLHISTORY.DATE_TIME
ANR2034E SELECT: No match found using this criteria.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

tsm: SM040>

The first result is the result I wanted.

Why is the order of tables important?  Is this documented somewhere?  I'm
concerned that I may not be getting correct data in other queries I run.

Mark

--
Mark Ferraretto
Unix Systems Administrator