ADSM-L

setting up a dr server

2003-08-12 12:39:55
Subject: setting up a dr server
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:41:34 -0500
I am in a windows environment, so win4k is our server.

What I want to do is to design an environment that will make it 'easy' to do
dr recovery.

Production
        win2k with TSM & DRM, 350G of disk.
        3583 library, 60 slots, 12 slot door, 6 LTO-1 drives, scsi attached

Probable DR site
        Win2K with TSM, 96G of disk
        3583 library, 18 slots, 1 slot door, 2 LTO-1 drives, scsi attached

Where could I find a scenario that would tell me how to
  1. generate my db backup across the network (virtual drive?)
  2. use it to be input for a db restore?

TIA ... Jack

Current production is TSM 4.2.3.1, but part of the reason for a separate dr
machine
is to do testing there too.