ADSM-L

Re: Starting with a fresh DB

2003-08-12 09:28:56
Subject: Re: Starting with a fresh DB
From: "Frost, Dave" <Dave.Frost AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:28:43 +0100
Jamie,

If you are running Solaris, (or any unix, I think), then the problem is
simple.  Create a new, additional, instance on the same machine as
described in the Administrator's Guide Chapter 16 - Starting and Halting
the Server -> Running multiple servers.  With Solaris, you can also browse
the post-install script, which shows exactly what happens during an install
or upgrade.

This actually makes upgrades and maintenance simpler in the long run, so we
run all our servers this way.

Regards,

-=Dave=-
+44 (0) 20 7608 7140

Q: How many user support people does it take to change a light bulb? A: We
have an exact copy of the light bulb here and it seems to be working fine.
Can you tell me what kind of system you have?

                      "Aldrich, Jamie"
                      <jamie.aldrich@VE        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      RIZON.COM>               cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Starting with a fresh
DB
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      11/08/2003 21:37
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Besides re-installing the software, what is the easiest way to start with a
clean, default TSM database?

Thanks,
Jamie Aldrich
Verizon