ADSM-L

Re: Need to remove 3494 tape from library

2003-08-11 13:52:09
Subject: Re: Need to remove 3494 tape from library
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:39:20 -0500
Try your command and specify a source category... -s ____  and if it says
manually ejected that should be FFFA
OH, and if you want to remove it from reference in the library manager...
use target -t FFFB to purge the volume information...

Dwight

                      Mike Cantrell
                      <Mike_Cantrell@SA        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      KSINC.COM>               cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Need to remove 3494
tape from library
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      08/11/2003 11:24
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hello
I have an erroneous tape reference in my 3494 library. The vol serial
number
is 400699 I have tried mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -C -t FF10 -V  400699 and get
ther error Change Category  operation Failed, ERPA code - 7B,  Library
Volume Manually Ejected. When I run mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -q I and grep
400699
the refernecr is still their.  I notice that there is an option  to audit
the library from the library console, but not having done this I am
somewhat
hesitate to try and just see what happens. Any Ideas?

Thanks
Mike Cantrell