ADSM-L

Re: TSM on LinuxPPC 32 bit

2003-08-08 10:41:20
Subject: Re: TSM on LinuxPPC 32 bit
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:40:59 +0200
On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:27:24 -0500
"Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM> wrote:

> From: Remco Post [mailto:r.post AT SARA DOT NL]
> > Is support for 32 bit LinuxPPC planned, It can't be that
> > hard, once you have
> > the code running on 4 different types of CPU with Linux, the
> > 5th must be
> > little more than recompilation with the correct flags...
>
> Developer's Rule #3: It's *never* that easy.

:-)

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams