ADSM-L

Re: Restore: Gui vs. CLI - Differences?

2003-08-07 10:57:20
Subject: Re: Restore: Gui vs. CLI - Differences?
From: Tobias Hofmann <tobias.hofmann AT MEDIEN.UNI-WEIMAR DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:56:01 +0200
Andy,

Andrew Raibeck wrote:

See one of my prior posts on this topic in the ADSM-L archives at
http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm0103/207.html for explanation and
suggestions.

Thanks for that very quick answer and the link (I had searched, but too
many results...). That pretty much explains why the GUI client does what
it does (actually, we had thought of the missing "entry point" [no dir
for that date] as a possibility, but then excluded that, thinking this
could never be...), unfortunately not, why such a design decision has
been taken... :)

We will now take a closer look at this and choose from one of the
possibilities outlined in your post.

Is there anywhere I could "vote" for new features in TSM? :)

Thanks again,

regards, tobias hofmann
Dipl.-Ing. Tobias Hofmann   Bauhaus-Universitaet Weimar  D99423 Weimar
Professur fuer Graphische Datenverarbeitung      Projekt medienquadrat
SnailMail:  Bauhaus-Universitaet  Weimar,  Fak. Medien,  D99421 Weimar
Location:     D99423 Weimar     Karl-Haussknechtstr. 7      Zimmer 111
                Fon: ++49-(0)3643-58-3780  Fax : -3701
          e-mail: mailto:tobias.hofmann AT medien.uni-weimar DOT de