ADSM-L

Re: moving TSM to another server

2003-08-06 11:56:36
Subject: Re: moving TSM to another server
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:56:20 -0400
Well, the short answer is that IBM doesn't support moving a TSM data base to
a different platform.

My guess is that it has to do with the differences in the filesystems, don't
know.

What you are describing will work fine if you are going from AIX to AIX, or
Solaris to Solaris.

And regarding DR, I don't know anybody who expects to use different
platforms at their DR site...