ADSM-L

Re: Basic Question

2003-08-05 11:18:44
Subject: Re: Basic Question
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 09:18:01 -0600
While I could give you AN answer, without more information about what you
are trying to accomplish, I don't know how helpful it would be.

- Failed events for archive is not a reason to switch to incremental
backups. Instead, why not investigate why the archives are failing? There
must be a reason.

- Archive and full backups are not quite the same thing. For what exact
purpose do you require full backups?

- The answer is NOT a new management class (at least not unless you have
other reasons to change the management class).

- Have you considered image backups? (see the BACKUP IMAGE command in the
client manual.)

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Christian Astuni <astunich AT hotmail DOT com>
08/05/2003 10:53