ADSM-L

Re: Strange backup behavior

2003-08-05 09:44:49
Subject: Re: Strange backup behavior
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:41:01 +0200
Hi Craig,

Are you not looking at the System object paret of the backup???
The System object backup takes each file in the system/system32 and backs
it up during incremental backup - irrespective of the fact that the file has
not
changed.....

That is all I can think of to cause this type of behaviour.

Regards
Christo

I have a W2K box that has been backing up just fine for months. Nothing
has changed except the addition of service pack 4 in just as long.
However, when ever I run a backup the client backs up every single file
even though it's executing an incremental. As a test we event manually
did an incr on c:\ waited for it to complete, then did it again; it
backed up every file. Client version is 5.1.0 (realize there's an
upgrade but its worked for us so far) and the server version is 5.1.6.1
.

Any thought would be greatly appriciated

Craig Riley
The Children's Hospital in Denver

DISCLAIMER:
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information contained in this message is
legally privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the
individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release,
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the author immediately by replying to this message and delete the original
message. Thank you.

"The information contained in this communication is confidential and
may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it.
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in
reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. Absa Bank Limited
(registration number :1986/004794/06) is liable neither for the
proper, complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication, nor for any delay in its receipt, nor for the
assurance that it is virus-free."