ADSM-L

Migration problem

2003-08-01 18:48:30
Subject: Migration problem
From: Martha McConaghy <URMM AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:42:44 EDT
Its been a long time since I have posted to the list since I know that
support for mainframe based TSM is pretty non-existent at this point.
However, things have run well, so I haven't needed any help.

Unfortunately, that has changed.  One of my servers is now coming up with
an error that is not documented in the books.  What little I can find tells
me to call support.  I'm not sure that will help at this point, so I'm
hoping that one of you might recognize the situation.

Every time a migration kicks in for BACKUPPOOL to go to tape, it tries to
start, requests the tape and all.  After it gets the tape, it gets the
following errors:

ANR0102E ASALLOC(3944): Error 1 inserting row in table "AS.Segments".
ANR1032W Migration process 2 terminated for storage pool BACKUPPOOL - internal
server error detected.

I expanded the database in case it was out of space, but that didn't help.
Any suggestions?

Martha McConaghy
Mgr. Systems, Network and Operations
Marist College