ADSM-L

Re: Page Shadow File not valid

2003-07-29 15:39:43
Subject: Re: Page Shadow File not valid
From: Bob Booth - UIUC <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:39:27 -0500
You need to go to the back of the Reference Guide and look at how to add log
space to the server.  There is a procedure for recovering the server due to
overcommited log space.

I don't know the answer for the shadow device, but it really isn't the problem
here I believe.

Once the log is extended and you figure out what pinned the log and fix the
problem, you can get rid of the extra space you created.  More than likely
the clients pinned the log and a database backup was not able to clear enough
space.  You might need more recovery log space in the future.

bob