ADSM-L

expected output from dsmserv audit db

2003-07-29 09:38:20
Subject: expected output from dsmserv audit db
From: i love tsm <ilovetsm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:35:47 +0100
HI all

Last week we got page mismatch errors during database backups on our
production tsm server. In the end we restored from a previous good database
backup on the understanding that a dsmserv audit db would take too long.

However me being curious, I copied across the database dsm files when
corrupt from our production server to our DR server.  Now, on the DR server
I'm trying to run a database audit, just to find out how long it would have
taken.

I have tried dsmserv audit db with fix=yes and no and get the same kind of
thing. Basically I get nothing telling me that a audit is taking place. It
just seems to bring up TSM as normal.

TSM is version 5.1.5.4

I would have expected it to show me the database pages being audited ? Has
anyone got the output from their database audit for me to compare against
mine?

TIA