ADSM-L

Multiple mounts for reclaimation/stgp backup

2003-07-28 03:25:07
Subject: Multiple mounts for reclaimation/stgp backup
From: Gordon Woodward <gordon.woodward AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:09:31 +1000
Just wondering what settings need to be changed to allow more then two drives
to be used in a tape stgp reclaimation? I'd like to be able to reclaim more
then one tape at a time per storage pool, such as two tapes but not sure how to
do this.  Our LTO device class in TSM is set to MOUNT LIMIT = DRIVES, should
this be changed? There is 4 LTO drives in our library at present.

Also we have offsite vaulting happening on a 2nd TSM server located at our DR
site. Is there anyway to increase the amount of sessions our main TSM server
uses to reclaim offsite volumes and send backup data to our DR server as it
only every uses one session when reclaiming our OFFSITE storage pool or send
data to it.

Thanks in advance.

Gordon Woodward
Senior Support Analyst
Deutsche Asset Management (Australia) Limited
IT Infrastructure
Ph. (02) 9249 9648
gordon.woodward AT db DOT com

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.