ADSM-L

Oracle TDP Issues

2003-07-25 11:17:49
Subject: Oracle TDP Issues
From: Mike Cantrell <Mike_Cantrell AT SAKSINC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:17:07 -0500
Greetings
I upgraded to the Oracle TDP 5.2 because we are using Oracle 9. I also have
an Oracle 8 instance and use the Oracle TDP v2. The Oracle TDP v2 works fine
and the tdpo.opt is located /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin/.  I can not
get the tdpoconf password for v5.2 to set the password. I have looked at the
redbook for setting password and point to the dsm.opt and use the dsm.sys
for reference for the tdpo.opt files.When I run
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin/tdpoconf password for the old TDP v2 the
password is set.

When I try to set the password for the new v5.2 here is what happens.
root AT jxn-ux-ora01p.saksinc DOT com[/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64]#
tdpoconf password

*       Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle Utility             *
*  Password file initialization/update program                *
*     ROOT privilege needed to update value                   *

Please enter current password:

Please enter new password:

Please reenter new password for verification:

ANS0237E (RC2033) On dsmInit, the node is not allowed when
PASSWORDACCESS=generate.

/var/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys

SErvername              TSM
   COMMmethod           TCPip
   TCPPort              1500
   TCPServeraddress     JXN-UX-TSMBR.SAKSINC.COM
   HTTPport             1581
   passwordaccess       generate
   errorlogname         /var/tsm/tsmerror.log
   errorlogretention    30,D
   inclexcl             /etc/inclexcl
   managedservices      webclient schedule
   schedlogname         /var/tsm/tsmsched.log
   schedlogretention    30,D
   tcpbuffsize          31
   tcpnodelay           no
   tcpwindowsize        32
   nodename             JXN-UX-ORA01P

/var/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/tdpo.opt

DSMI_ORC_CONFIG    /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/dsm.opt
DSMI_LOG           /var/tsm

TDPO_FS            ora9_db
*TDPO_OWNER         oracle
*TDPO_PSWDPATH      /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64

*TDPO_DATE_FMT      1
*TDPO_NUM_FMT       1
*TDPO_TIME_FMT      1

*TDPO_MGMT_CLASS2   14versions_tape_tdp
*TDPO_MGMT_CLASS3   mgmtclass3
*TDPO_MGMT_CLASS4   mgmtclass4

/var/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin/tdpo.opt

DSMI_ORC_CONFIG    /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/dsm.opt
DSMI_LOG           /var/tsm

TDPO_FS            orc8_db