ADSM-L

Re: audit library fails

2003-07-24 10:00:20
Subject: Re: audit library fails
From: Dan Foster <dsf AT GBLX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:59:02 +0000
Hot Diggety! Karel Bos was rumored to have written:

> On both sites we had some problems with tapes stuck in drives. On both sites
> we had to do audit libraries to get TSM in synch with the libraries. While
> the tapes were stuck in the drive, the audit library failes and now one of
> the slots is empty (tape was in the drive and is completely gone) and still
> the audit fails. Has anyone seen this type of behavour? Is it a TSM thing
> (don't think so because of the version difference between sites) or has
> something been altered in the microcode of the library what changes things?

The 3584's a great unit. TSM's audit library requests data from the 3584's
inventory data... so even though you may have removed a stuck tape, the
3584 may still not be aware of it for its scanned inventory data.

What works for us in this situation is to go to the front panel (or the
unit's web interface if you hooked up Ethernet to it) and have it do an
inventory. 45-50 seconds later, it's done. Now go to TSM and do an AUDIT
LIBRARY. It should now work as expected.

-Dan