ADSM-L

TDP Domino and transaction logs

2003-07-23 17:49:27
Subject: TDP Domino and transaction logs
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:49:06 -0400
Domino 5 on Windows2k
TDP for Mail V515 - Domino
TSM Client 5.1.6.0
TSM Server 5.1.7.1 on AIX 5.1

Client is running transaction logging for all databases. The backup schedule
is:
Sunday - Full backup followed by an INACTIVATELOGS command.
Mon-Sat - Incremental backups
every 2-hours - Archivelog backups

The management class retention is VERE=NOLIM, VERD=NOLIM, RETE=35 RETO=35

Now they want to only keep the transaction logs for a week, but still keep
the full backups for the full 35-days. (They also do a monthly full backup
under a separate nodename).

If I understand things, my logs are also kept for the same 35-days until the
oldest FULL backup rolls off and the INACTIVATELOGS expires them. Since the
logs are all uniquely named, I can't rely on TSM versioning.

How can I only keep a weeks' worth of logs, but 35-days worth of full
backups??

Bill Boyer
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield." - ??