ADSM-L

Re: Issues with DLT7000 Tape Drives

2003-07-23 14:10:31
Subject: Re: Issues with DLT7000 Tape Drives
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:10:16 -0500
I suspect that when the hardware swap was done, the SCSI address for your
hardware were changed. You will need to change your path definitions so that
the element number (in the drive definitions) matches the same physical drive
as the device name.

Note: the behavior you describe is very typical for such a situation--tapes are
mounted by element number, but seem to be dismounted by device name.

--
Mark Stapleton