ADSM-L

Issues with DLT7000 Tape Drives

2003-07-23 11:54:54
Subject: Issues with DLT7000 Tape Drives
From: "Camilo A. Marrugo" <camilo AT DIALTONE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:53:17 -0400
Good Morning,

Have any body ever experience the following or something similar before. I am
running TSM 5.1.5 on a W2K server, the tape library is a 9740 STK with 5
DLT7000 tape drives.

Recently we had to replace the Changer (Arm) of the library because it died on
us. After that happened I was not able to talk to the library at all from
tivoli. So what I did is delete the drives and the library, and recreate them
once again.

Now whats happening, tivoli will start a migration proccess, and it will sent
the mount command to the library, the library will mount the tape, at this
point tivoli does not recognizes that the tape is mounted, it hangs like that
for about 5 min, and then it says that the tapedrive goes offline, and that
inside of it there is something (not saying wich tape it is), and to remove it
manually.

Here is the error:

ANR8302 (OP=OFFL, Error Number=21, CC=203, KEY=02, ASC=04, ASCQ=03)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Camilo A. Marrugo
Data Storage Systems Administrator
camilo AT dialtone DOT com - http://www.interland.com
Voice: 305.717.6600
Interland - Dedicated Servers, Dedicated Service