ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.1.6.3 on AIX 5.1 ML4 or ML3

2003-07-21 10:03:41
Subject: Re: TSM 5.1.6.3 on AIX 5.1 ML4 or ML3
From: Rick Saylor <rsaylor AT AUSTINCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:02:49 -0500
I too had a memory leak problem with my TSM server. After working with AIX
support for several weeks it was their opinion that DSMSERV had a memory
leak. I've since upgraded to 5.1.6.4 and my TSM server has been up for 58
days now. So, it seems that the memory leak problem has gone away. You
might try upgrading to see if that takes care of the problem. By the way,
I'm running my TSM server on a P670 LPAR with 4GB of memory and 512MB of
paging space. Of the 512MB of paging space only about 10% is being used. Of
course, your mileage will vary.

Rick Saylor
Austin Community College