ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.1.6.3 on AIX 5.1 ML4 or ML3

2003-07-21 06:04:58
Subject: Re: TSM 5.1.6.3 on AIX 5.1 ML4 or ML3
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:04:35 +0200
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:33:59 -0700
J M <jm_seattle AT HOTMAIL DOT COM> wrote:

> The continued case for why TSM and AIX should be jointly administered....
>
> Our AIX admins are claiming that TSM has a memory leak. We are claiming we
> need adequate paging space (ie. 6 GB of memory, not 100 MB of paging
> space) and that VMTUNE maxperm needs to be roughly equivalent to numperm
> (along with a slew of other variables that makes sense).
>
> Anyone know of a memory leak on TSM 5.1.6.3 on AIX? If so- I'd be happy to
> find that out as the root cause of AIX dropping telnet requests due to low
> memory conditions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

TSM uses a lot of memory, true. We've been running 5.1.6.4 for ages now, on
AIX 4.3.3 without any problems. Server is up since:

Server Restart Date/Time: 06/17/03   15:49:13

Our server is quite large, so memory leaks would probably show over here...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams