ADSM-L

Re: Need some Upgrade Help!!

2003-07-20 16:04:29
Subject: Re: Need some Upgrade Help!!
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 05:16:12 +0300
Having AIX 4.3.3 you can upgrade to ITSM v5.1.x (but not to 5.2!). But if
the ITSM server box is on AIX 5L (or other supported), you can have v5.2
server and v5.1.x clients - this is a supported combination.
>From you question is looks like you are not using any TDP. Therefore you
can continue not using it if the RDBMS accepts downtime.
TDP is required if you cannot stop the RDBMS for consistent file/image
backup.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Michael Moore <Michael_Moore AT VFC DOT COM>
18.07.2003 17:36

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Need some Upgrade Help!!

First here is our current setup:

Software    Version           AIX OS            Client Level
Server Level
Informix          7.30.uc7    4.3.3       3.1.0.6                 4.1.3
Oracle            8.1.6.4           4.3.3       4.2.2.1
4.1.3
            8.1.7       4.3.3       4.2.2.1                 4.1.3

We need to upgrade the server to v5.1.x.  With the level of clients (and
API) we have:

1.  Can we still run the client levels we currently run until testing of
the new clients are complete, if we upgrade to the v5.1 server first.
2.  Is it required to go through the TDP with the v5.1 server?

Basically, if we upgrade our server to v5.1.  Will we need to do anything
with the clients we are currently using.  Will we need to add TDP?

I would like to be able to say, that they do not need to change anything
as
of yet.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Michael Moore