ADSM-L

Re: ITSM Operational Reporting

2003-07-18 11:58:32
Subject: Re: ITSM Operational Reporting
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:57:51 +0200
On vrijdag, jul 18, 2003, at 17:09 Europe/Amsterdam, Shannon Bach wrote:

Yesterday I posted to the list;
<I find that half the SQL Selects do not work with MVS but I can go in
and
modify the custom report to reflect Selects that do work.  The big
problem
I have is that I get the following error every time the Hourly Monitor
runs;
syshost.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x77cb17f" referenced memory at "0x021b0013".  The
memory could
could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
Since I have no idea what it means I hit CANCEL to debug the program
and my
PC makes noises like it doing something serious, then the error message
goes away until the next time the Hourly Monitor runs.  I have no idea
where to look for debug results.  I sent a feedback to ITSM support
with
the information but I have no idea if they'll address it or
not........>

Today my ITSM operational Reporting startet telling me that some assert
had failed, het 'ignore' a coulpe of times & voila all was well again.
Looked to me like it was unable to update the default.htm in the web
dir for some reason.... It's happy now

Just wanted to inform the list that I got a couple of great responses
from
Mike Collins, part of the Tivoli Storage Manager Operational Reporting
Team
at opreport AT us.ibm DOT com.  He not only sent me step-by-step directions
for
some updating some of the custom daily report for my MVS environment,
but
also gave me a work around for the error I was getting for my W2K box
that
Operational Reporting is running on.  I am very impressed!

Shannon

Madison Gas & Electric Co.
Operations Analyst - Data Center Services
Office 608-252-7260
Fax 608-252-7098
e-mail sbach AT mge DOT com

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer
industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams