ADSM-L

Re: ITSM Operational Reporting Technology Preview

2003-07-17 12:25:50
Subject: Re: ITSM Operational Reporting Technology Preview
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:25:17 +0200
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:31:45 -0400
"Wayne T. Smith" <ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU> wrote:

> E Mike Collins wrote:
> > TSM operational reporting is a simple tool designed to help you keep TSM
> > running smoothly on a day-to-day basis. It runs on Windows and supports
> > TSM servers on all platforms.    ...
>
> Fwiw, (as might be expected) it does not run on (the very old VM)
> Version 3.1.2, as it uses a number of tables unavailable in 3.1.2
> (summary, events, etc.).   cheers, wayne

furthermore, on platforms where it does run... sql is not the fastest
interface TSM has to certain info, waiting 15 minutes for a select on the
actlog is not optimal when the same info could be found using 'q act', which
is a lot faster. Apart from that and a few minor glitches, it does look like
a usefull tool....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams