ADSM-L

Re: q drive = status unknown

2003-07-16 04:41:39
Subject: Re: q drive = status unknown
From: Michael Swinhoe <mike.swinhoe AT UK.ZURICH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:38:05 +0100
Mark,
     We had a similar issue with our W2K Library clients.  The way around
it is to either reboot the server or use NTUTIL to close the drives.  the
issue is a scsi reserve has been set on these drives therefore now they are
back online they have the reserve still in place which will not allow the
drives to be used.

Mike

Regards,
Michael Swinhoe
Storage Management Group
Zurich Financial Services
E-mail:   mailto:Mike.Swinhoe AT UK.Zurich DOT com

                    Stephen Rivers
                    <Stephen.Rivers@HALLIB        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    URTON.COM>                    cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist          Subject:     Re: q drive =
status unknown
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    16/07/2003 09:19
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

I was having this problem with IBM Ultrium LTO drives in an IBM 3583
library
until I upgraded the firmware for the drives and the library itself. And
the
RMU for good measure.
I didn't find out what the original problem was.

Regards,
Steve Rivers