ADSM-L

Backup to a specific tape

2003-07-15 10:37:07
Subject: Backup to a specific tape
From: Tim Smith <tsmith AT PHREAKER DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:38:10 +0200
Hi

I'm a bit of a TSM newbie, so I'd like to check something with you guys...
what's the correct way of backing up a certain machine to a certain tape?  I
want to make sure that my mail server is backed up to a certain tape, which
contains nothing but that particular server's backup files.  My idea was to
create a separate storage pool for that machine.  Is this the right way to
go?  Can I then just have TSM grab tapes from the scratch pool or do I have
to define volumes that this storage pool, and only this storage pool, can
write to?  I'm grateful for any hints and tips!

Thanks!

Tim Smith
(tsmith AT phreaker DOT net)