ADSM-L

Re: Ghost devices after a BMR of Windows2000

2003-07-14 17:31:05
Subject: Re: Ghost devices after a BMR of Windows2000
From: Chris Murphy <cmurphy AT IDL.STATE.ID DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:32:10 -0600
>Anyone run into similar situations like this wiht BMR to different
hardware? We ended up searching the
>registry for the adapter string and deleteing all those keys. Not pretty,
but it worked.

Hi Bill,

Are you using Intel Pro1000 NIC's in the server(s)?  If so, installing the
ProSet 2 utilitity cleared this up for us.  It will show the "old" adapter
and allow you to remove it gracefully.  We saw the same issue, but it was on
a different backup product (not TSM).  If you are not using Intel NIC's,
then maybe a similar utility exists for yours?  (i.e. I know Broadcom has a
util as well that looks almost identical to Intel's)

HTH

Chris Murphy
IT Network Analyst
Idaho Dept. of Lands