ADSM-L

Re: Changing a node name

2003-07-14 11:26:40
Subject: Re: Changing a node name
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:25:50 -0400
Yes, use the "rename node" comand on server.  Any schedules
that you had on server for this client will automatically follow.

On client, edit dsm.sys file for new node name and if you
have passwordaccess generate, you must regenerate it.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5509
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK 07/14/03 11:04AM >>>
Hi All TSMers

Running TSM Server 4.2.2.12 on Solaris 2.7

We have a machine that we'll call FRED. It is very large and has been
registered on the TSM server as FRED and subsequently backed up. Now
(please don't ask me why) we are having to change the hostname of this
machine to FRED.companyname.com (yes, that will be the actually host name.
It's a fix from Oracle! ).

Anyway, my question is, can we change the name of it such that we won't
have to back it all up again. I can see under the edit client node menu
that there is an option to change the node name. Can I just go into this
and change FRED to FRED.companyname.com, and will this do the trick?

The server is over 200GB and I don't want to have to back this up again
unless really really really necessary.

Many thanks in advance

Farren Minns - John Wiley & Sons Ltd

This email transmission is confidential and intended for the person or
organisation it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient, you
must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information, open any
attachment, or take any action in reliance of it. If you have received this
message in error please notify the sender.

except where the sender specifically states otherwise.

Although this email has been scanned for viruses you should rely on your
own virus check, as the sender takes no responsibility for any damage
arising out of any bug or virus infection.

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message
in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it
from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message
are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of
a particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by
the entity to give such views or opinions.