ADSM-L

Re: db restore

2003-07-14 07:32:26
Subject: Re: db restore
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:32:04 -0400
> I am trying to restore adsm database  using the following command:
> dsmserv restore db devc=eagle vol=100104 commit=yes
> Then I get the following error message before the restore terminates
>
> ANR0301I Recovery log format in progress; 252 megabytes of 2284.
> ANR8337I ECARTRIDGE volume 100104 mounted in drive RMT1 (/dev/mt2).
> ANR0301I Recovery log format in progress; 256 megabytes of 2284.
> ANR1368W Input volume 100104 contains sequence number 1397048914; volume
> sequence number 1 is required.
> ANR8468I ECARTRIDGE volume 100104 dismounted from drive RMT1 (/dev/mt2) in
> library EAG.
> f04n09sw /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/old #

Good details, but we lack context:  Are you trying to restore the database
of the same ADSM system which created the db backup tape, or trying to
restore from one system onto another, such as a test system?  In the latter
case, mis-matched server levels may result in odd problems.
In any case, try to assure that the tape you are trying to use is the right
one, in terms of both that it was created as a db backup tape, and that it
has not been re-used for any purpose.  'DSMSERV DISPlay DBBackupvolumes'
may help you verify the tape.

  Richard Sims, BU