ADSM-L

Re: TSM Staffing level question for Enterprise Shop

2003-07-08 13:53:33
Subject: Re: TSM Staffing level question for Enterprise Shop
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:53:05 -0400
Will also depend on the complexity of your client environment.

One TSM adminstrator scales up very well; you don't get a lot of extra work
on the server end when you go from 100 clients to 200.

But, who is managing the extra 100 clients?

Dan's note doesn't mention the work required on that end.  Who will be
responsible for rolling out new client versions to 200+  machines?  And what
if you have 14 supported client platforms instead of 1?

Most days here, the client problems take more time than the server problems.