ADSM-L

Re: LTO throughput - real world experiences

2003-07-08 13:41:17
Subject: Re: LTO throughput - real world experiences
From: "Wheelock, Michael D" <Michael.Wheelock AT INTEGRIS-HEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:40:52 -0500
Hi,

If you have fibre connected LTO drives, one really simple way is to connect
to the web console of the switch and monitor the performance of the ports on
the switch.  This isn't easily automatable, but it is a very accurate
representation of what you are seeing in terms of throughput.

Michael Wheelock
Integris Health of Oklahoma