ADSM-L

Re: Cannot delete tape drive

2003-07-08 11:33:07
Subject: Re: Cannot delete tape drive
From: Shawn Price <sprice AT MORRISONHOMES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:32:05 -0400
Jeroen,
 I ran the 'show path' command and got the following result:

tsm: TSMSERVER>sho path
Session established with server TSMSERVER: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 4, Release 2, Level 1.8
  Server date/time: 07/08/03   11:30:02  Last access: 07/08/03   11:00:48

Source=$$LOCALSERVER$$,  Source type=2, Destination=3584LIB:DRIVE04,
Destination type=1, Handle=0000000D,
Library=3584LIB, device=/dev/rmt3, directory=, online=YES, inUse=YES

Source=$$LOCALSERVER$$,  Source type=2, Destination=3584LIB:DRIVE03,
Destination type=1, Handle=0000000C,
Library=3584LIB, device=/dev/rmt2, directory=, online=YES, inUse=NO

Source=$$LOCALSERVER$$,  Source type=2, Destination=3584LIB:DRIVE02,
Destination type=1, Handle=00000003,
Library=3584LIB, device=/dev/rmt1, directory=, online=YES, inUse=YES

Source=$$LOCALSERVER$$,  Source type=2, Destination=3584LIB, Destination
type=3, Handle=00000001,  Library=,
device=/dev/smc0, directory=, online=YES, inUse=NO

As you can see there is no mention of DRIVE01 or device /dev/rmt0. So it
looks like there are no active mappings or paths to this drive. Any other
ideas?

Thanks!

Shawn